Thursday, November 1, 2007

Screwball Comedy


I think I've actually seen this movie before this class but no recent enough where I knew the plot. In the beginning of this movie, the humor is that worse of a cartoon and I had a hard time getting into it but after a while I seemed to get used to it and even understand how ppeople could coceive this as funny. It really hit me when George the dog came into play. His nonstop barking and chasing of people really lightened the mood I thought. Iit was so annoying it became funny. Much like that of the humor found in family guy. If you do a repeated action or noise it's funny, do it long enough it's funnier than before. However Bringing Up Baby might have done it TOO long I still found it to be enjoyable. Now the love part of it didn't really add anything. However, i lkied the fact that David realized that his wife had no point being with him she was a emotionless, heartless woman that sound be living with cats because she can't sustain a relationship. The fact that Susan and David got together at the end was pointless. It was onlythere to provide closure to the end of the movie. You had no feeling of happily ever after like a romantic comedy and that was the only thing that bothered me but overall I quite enjoyed the movie.

1 comment:

Claire W said...

i agree with you eric the film took awhile to get used to but by the end i got a few laughs out of it