Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Today is Tomorrow

Bill Murrey stars in the romantic comedy Groundhog Day. I thought this movie was pretty hysterical. My favorite scene is when that insurance salesman yells Ted for the third or fourth time and Bill Murphy flat out punches him in the face. The frustration that guy causes is thoroughly expressed in that one shot. This movie was an unnecessary romantic comedy. I think that the movie would have been good maybe better without him getting together with Rita. However it does give some closure to the story due to the fact that he tried so hard for so long to hook up with her. She wasn't even that good looking. I think it may have been a better movie if they didn't end up together because that was his goal for so long. But the true lesson learned was that he had to be better to people. Treat them as he would like to be treated. The golden rule thought to us by Jesus or in the movies case the groundhog? Relation to the article maybe? Otherwise the movie was hilarious. Repeating the same date over and over again kinda creep but otherwise funny. I enjoyed my experience with this movie. One more time emphasizing through a different arrangement of words... I highly enjoyed this film.

3 comments:

Allison K. said...

Eric-

Ha I liked the movie also. Personally i liked that Phil and Rita got together. But then again i like chick flicks so when ever anyone falls in love, i love the movie. I do agree though that it could have been left out but it also made the movie better. I don't really get the article, i don't see how religions see this as a religious movie. Maybe the golden rule thing or the rebirth thing but i really think that the movie was just supposed to be funny. Wahoo

Claire W said...

i agree with you that the whole film being a romantic comedy was not needed. rita didnt even seem important at all till the very end. it was more funny than romatic. whatever i guess genres are weird

Justin said...

First of all I would like to say that I hate the character of Ted. I agree that he is one of the most annoying characters in the movie and would like to punch him in the face too. I also think that this movie being made into a Romantic Comedy is stupid. I think that it would be more funny if he and Rita just hadn't gotten together and they could have had more time to do something funny. Overall I think that this was a good movie but they could have done bette.