Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Worth The Time? Probs Not


Our groups director of choice is Francis Ford Coppola. The first movie we watched was Apocalypse Now. It was an interesting movie that really captivated my attention at first but as the movie went on i realized how long it was and I just wanted to get up and leave. If it weren't for the artisticly amazing shots, if that made any sense, I would have gotten my regretful butt up off the couch and go watch something short and attention keeping like Dumb and Dumber. The movie was pretty decent overall however but having to sit and watch something I otherwise wouldn't have and having to stay till the very end because I was "supposed" to was a difficult task.


I haven't seen any other Coppola films. However, I started to watch The Godfather and fell asleep before anything really happened. This worries me because I hope to God that his other films aren't as long as this last one. On the otherhand I love what Coppola has done with film in general, or at least as fas as I can tell from the interview we watched in class last semester, he's making it more of an art form instead of Hollywood blockbuster and not following the norm and just doing whatever it takes to make a great film. So what I'm trying to say is you should see it but don't expect to see something that will be on your own personal favorites. It's a great film not necessarily fun to watch.

1 comment:

D.M said...

Okay, first of all, you're the biggest nerd I know, other than Dan S. And secondly, I would agree with you in your blog. You basically said what I did...except for the title...