Thursday, March 13, 2008

The Godfaaaaahaaather (yawn?)


The next epic tale told by Francis Ford Coppola that my group and I watched was The Godfather. I'm surprised that I only fell asleep twice while watching this movie. I constantly had to keep my wits about to stay awake because this plot takes so long to climax and the rising action didn't really keep my interest either. Perhaps that's why I couldn't type this blog in time.

Any farts, this movie talks a great deal about family and the mafia and Micheal, the Godfather's, son has to choose between his wants and his family's wants. There is some killing where one guy kills this the dad and then the son of that dad kills the guy that killed his dad and is pressured into the mafia by his family. In other words, it's all very confusing and long and unnecessary. Coppola does kind of a crappy job in making movies so far. He makes them way too long in his perfectionist ways and his ways are anywhere but perfect in fact they are anything but perfect... maybe even imperfect one might say. I would say that Coppola's ideas for movies are very good but how he goes about making them and writing them are far from great. His ideas for movies are fantastic but the execution of his ideas are awful. just to reiterate my point. So again, Great ideas but horrible execution of ideas. Thank you.

1 comment:

D.M said...

Okay, first of all the Godfather is a sick movies/ series. I can't believe all you write about in your blogs is falling asleep. I feel like I didn't do my job as a group member...shame on you...